Hello Young Scholars of J202! Welcome to the J-School and to the start of our exciting 6-credit adventure together. This week you’ll only go to the second lab meeting of the week — this means that if your lab meets Monday/Wednesday, you should go to lab Wednesday afternoon, if your lab meets Tuesday/Thursday, you should go on Thursday, and if your lab meets Wednesday/Friday, you’ll go on Friday.
We’ll meet as a big group for lecture for the first time on Monday, Sept. 11, at 9:30 a.m. Here are things you need to do before then (or, ideally, before your first lab):
- Read the syllabus. It’s linked in the navigation bar at the top of the page.
- Check out the schedule for the semester, also above.
- On the schedule page, note the Readings tab at the bottom of the sheet as well. Complete the readings as soon as you can.
- Read and do all of the assignments for Week 1 on the Assignments page. (Guess where?)
- Read the Individual Story page above and all the subpages linked below it.
- Just ignore the Final Project pages for a while.
- Look at the Admin tab, too, so you know where to find lecture notes, extra credit info and other good stuff.
- Join our Facebook group.
- Take a deep breath. The fun is about to begin!