Hi J202ers. Welcome to the J-School and to the excitement of our 6-credit adventure together. It’s going to feel like a thrill ride at times, but I’ll do my best to keep it from turning into a House of Horrors.
I have spent a lot of time gathering input from the students who have come before you. I’ve distilled them into a recipe for J202 success, using their advice. If you take a few minutes to watch this video, you’ll do better in this class. If you don’t take the time, that’s your choice, but I definitely don’t want to hear you complain about grades or missing deadlines.
You will have your second lab of the first week of classes. Before you come to that, please:
- Watch the video below.
- Read the syllabus. It’s linked in the top nav above.
- Check out the schedule for the semester, also above.
- Do all of the assignments for Week 1 on the Assignments page. (Guess where?)
- Read the Individual Story page above and all the subpages linked below it.
- You can ignore the Final Project pages for a while.
- Look at the Admin tab too, so you know where to find Lecture Notes, Extra Credit info and other good stuff.
- Fill out the student information form.
- Join our Facebook group.