Hi J202ers. Welcome to the J-School and to the excitement of our 6-credit adventure together. It’s going to feel like a thrill ride at times, but I’ll do my best to keep it from turning into a House of Horrors.
I have spent a lot of time gathering input from the students who have come before you. I’ve distilled them into a recipe for J202 success, using their advice. If you take a few minutes to watch this video, you’ll do better in this class. If you don’t take the time, that’s your choice but please don’t complain about grades or missing deadlines.
You will have your second lab of the first week of classes. Before you come to that, please:
- Watch the video below.
- Read the syllabus. It’s linked in the top nav above.
- Check out the schedule for the semester, also above.
- Do all of the assignments for Week 1 on the Assignments page. (Guess where?)
- Read the Individual Story page above and all the subpages linked below it.
- You can ignore the Final Project pages for a while.
- Look at the Admin tab too, so you know where to find Lecture Notes, Extra Credit info and other good stuff.
- Fill out the student information form.
- Join our Facebook group.