Hello J202! Welcome to the School of Journalism and Mass Communication and to the start of our exciting six-credit adventure together.
During the first week of class, you should go to the second lab meeting of the week — this means that if your lab meets Monday/Wednesday, you should go to lab Wednesday afternoon, if your lab meets Tuesday/Thursday, you should go on Thursday, and if your lab meets Wednesday/Friday, you’ll go on Friday.
We’ll meet as a big group for lecture for the first time on Monday, Jan. 27, at 9:30 a.m. Here are things you need to do before then (or, ideally, before your first lab):
- Sign in to Google Drive with your wisc.edu account — that’s the only way you’ll be able to access any Google docs for J202.
- Read the syllabus, which is linked in the navigation bar at the top of the page. (Make sure you use your UW Google Drive.)
- Check out the schedule for the semester, also above. (Again, UW Google Drive.)
- On the schedule page, note the Readings tab at the bottom of the sheet as well. Complete the readings for the first week as soon as you can.
- Read and do all of the assignments for Week 1 on the Assignments page. (Guess where?)
- Read the Individual Story page above and all the subpages linked below it.
- Just ignore the Final Project pages for a while.
- Look at the Admin tab, too, so you know where to find lecture notes, extra credit info and other good stuff.
- Get some good sleep over the weekend.
- Take a deep breath. The fun is about to begin!