20 Mar

J202 restarting next week

Hi everyone — I hope you’ve had a chance to rest up and set settled somewhere to participate remotely in J202 for the rest of the semester. Your TAs and I have spent time this week going over the materials and figuring out how to give you the best J202 experience we can under the circumstances. For now, please just focus on Week 9 — you will receive the materials for the week by 9:30 a.m. on Monday morning, and you’ll have until Friday at 11:59 p.m. to complete them. (All times are Central time in Madison.) You should also be working on the pieces of the IS that are still due, including your main story draft, audio story, ASFs, social promotion package and website. 

The syllabus has been updated to reflect these changes, and the schedule now shows the new structure for Week 9. You should expect you’ll receive direction about Week 10 soon — the materials will include work on your IS on your own time as well as a virtual meeting with your TA. For Week 11 and beyond, you’ll be working remotely with your lab on the final project — please hold off on reviewing the final project materials as we’re still updating them. 

We’re all working hard to continue to provide you with a valuable educational experience and deliver J202 in an effective way. These are really hard times, and I’m sure you’re feeling it as much as I am. I want you to know we’re all committed to being flexible and supportive as we all navigate these challenges, and I’ll ask for your understanding, too, as we manage the coursework. For now, I ask you to please pay close attention to the updates you’re getting from your TAs and me. We can’t help you if you aren’t engaged with what we’re doing to help you connect and complete the course. So in the coming days, please watch your email, Canvas and the J202 site for more from me and the university — you should be checking them at least three or four times a day if you’re not already.

For now, I’d like to ask each of you to acknowledge you’ve read my updates and are ready to go on Monday morning. Please fill out this form by lecture time Monday so I know we can smoothly make this shift to online. 
https://go.wisc.edu/j202update

Thanks all — stay home, be healthy, and take care of your families and yourselves. 

Stacy