This page is used primarily for links you will use in lab and only is guaranteed to be updated right before Lecture for a given week. Please check the Schedule to be sure you are completing what is assigned for lecture (including the readings), as well as seeing what is due in the upcoming weeks.
Here are the grading priorities for J202:
NOTE: You will need to be signed in to Google Drive using your wisc.edu account to access the assignment materials.
- DUE: IS Listicle
- Group Strategy and Press Release Critique. See here for some tips on writing press releases.
- Group Charitable Video*
Coming Up Next Week:
- Ranking Information
- *Translating Priorities into Leads (all assignments with a * require a password)
- Group Lead Rewriting
You should complete this introductory material before coming to your first lab, which is Week 1, Lab 2 because of the start date for classes. That means if your lab is on Monday/Wednesday, you should attend lab Wednesday; if your lab is Tuesday/Thursday, you should attend Thursday; and if your lab is Wednesday/Friday, you should go on Friday.
- Watch the Welcome to J202 video
- Read the Syllabus
- Read the Formatting assignments sheet
- Read the Understanding your grades sheet
- Read the Extra credit and professional practice sheets
- Fill out this About Me form
- Read the AP style tipsheet
- Do the WordPress training, accessible under the training tab above
- Read the Portfolio Site Assignment and make note of the deadlines listed there
- Read the Media analysis assignment sheet
- Read the J202 Device policy
- Get started on the Grammar and Style Training — but DON’T take the assessments until after your first lab
- Come prepared to sign this acknowledgement on the first day of lecture that you’ve done all this required preparation (don’t worry about printing it, as we’ll have copies for you)