This page is focused on your weekly quizzes. The Grammar and Style training and quizzes (see Schedule tab above for due date) are on the Training Page.
Don’t go into the first J202 quiz without knowing what to expect. Here’s how the weekly quizzes work:
- 10 points each
- 2 current events questions
- 2 lecture and readings questions
- 4-6 lines with a total of 6 or more grammar and style errors (some lines may have 1 or none or 2 or 3)
- for grammar and style errors, earn 1 point for correcting something that’s wrong and lose 1 point for taking something that was right and making it wrong
- First quiz: 10 minutes. Subsequent quizzes may be shorter.
- No pencils. Bring a pen.
- You use your AP Stylebook during the quiz
- If you use an electronic version of the AP Stylebook, you must sit at the two tables directly in front of the instructor
Here’s a sample quiz with answer keys to help you get comfortable with the approach. Quiz keys for the quizzes will be uploaded as we progress through the semester.