This page is focused on your weekly quizzes. The Grammar and Style training and quizzes (see Schedule tab above for due date) are on the Training Page.
Don’t go into the first J202 quiz blind. Here’s how the weekly quizzes work:
- 10 points each
- 2 current events questions
- 2 lecture and readings questions
- 6 lines with a total of 6 grammar and style errors (some lines may have 1 or none or 2 or 3)
- for grammar and style errors, earn 1 point for correcting something that’s wrong and lose 1 point for taking something that was right and making it wrong
- First quiz: 10 minutes. Subsequent quizzes may be shorter.
- No pencils. Bring a pen.
- You use your AP Stylebook during the quiz.
Here is a quiz sample with a key, so you can get comfortable with the approach.
Quiz keys from a past format — These look different from our quizzes but will help you study for grammar and style corrections. Please note that some style points may have changed since these quizzes were administered (such as the AP rule that state names are now spelled out in all references).
Quiz Keys: Spring 2017
Sample Quiz (This quiz was written as if you were taking the J202 Quiz Monday of Week 1)